How to make a lamb stew recipe with links to more lamb stew recipes.
Continue after the break.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen okra, thawed (about 16 to 20 ounces frozen)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large can (15 to 16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Trim okra and place in a bowl; pour vinegar over it and let stand for 25 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water. Heat oil in a Dutch oven; add lamb cubes and onions. Brown lamb and onions, stirring often; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add cumin, tomato sauce, lemon juice, and okra. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until lamb is tender. Serve lamb stew with hot cooked rice or rice pilau. Lamb stew serves 4 to 6.
||Add New Comment